Drug addiction is probably one of the worst things that can happen to someone. While it’s true that you may feel very good the first time you use drugs, this will slowly, but surely become a slippery slope. A few years ago I spoke to my nieces and nephews about marijuana and told them that they’re very dangerous and will destroy their life if they choose to take them. Why did I do that? Well, for several reasons:
- You could easily become an addict.
- Your first hit may prove fatal.
- You can be in the wrong place and at the wrong time and end up in jail.
The pros of drug addiction
You would think that there is nothing good about addiction, but there are things that you get to learn on this journey. Here are some of them:
- As an addict, you’ll learn how not to be so selfish.
- You learn how to love not only yourself, but also others.
- You learn how to say that you feel bad about what happened to everyone who knows and loves you.
- You learn remorse, how to feel, and how to cry and mean it.
- You learn how to be a great son, a successful father, and a good husband.
- And if you’re lucky, you may get the chance to fix everything.
However, there are many other ways you can learn these lessons and becoming a drug addict shouldn’t be the way to become a wiser individual.